Compliance is a pain.
At CryptoArmor, we understand that the sentiment around compliance often centers around meeting requirements, not building an effective security program. However, we believe that following the baseline security controls outlined in security frameworks is a prime starting point for small businesses and growing organizations.
While technology is evolving faster than compliance can keep up with, frameworks like SOC2 and ISO27001 are an amazing way for startups and small businesses to build a baseline security posture that they can not only be proud of but also be confident that their customers’ data is indeed secure. These well-known security frameworks help organizations establish policies and procedures, access control, change management, and even risk management, resulting in an inherently stronger cybersecurity posture.
Aligning Cybersecurity with business strategy and goals
Choosing the right cybersecurity framework for your organization is essential. For example, HIPAA is required for healthcare, and GDPR is for organizations responsible for the privacy of European customer data. Selecting a framework that could be required within your industry helps guide decisions throughout the many steps within a compliance journey.
PCI DSS is a particular area of focus for us at CryptoArmor, and we understand that the recent release of PCI 4.0 includes stricter multifactor authentication and stronger password security requirements, among others. These changes were driven by the increase in e-skimming attacks on payment pages, a technology used to intercept the input of private information into a web form.
To help combat these increasing attacks, organizations maintaining Self Assessment Questionnaires, which is used when merchants outsource all aspects of payment processing to a third-party service provider, now require controls around any script executed in the customer’s browser in addition to external vulnerability scanning. With all of these never-ending changes, it’s crucial to keep up with security compliance. The strongest and most powerful tool you have is the experts that you work with. Whether your organization partners with a third-party or uses a particular auditor, you can lean on these experts for guidance on decisions to adhere to your chosen framework.
Penetration testing is critical in vulnerability management programs, and compliance frameworks have picked up on how important pentests are, with some of them requiring penetration testing annually and when significant changes occur. At CryptoArmor, we offer a range of penetration testing services that can help you discover deeper issues within your environment, prioritize risks and remediate gaps.
Transforming the mindset of cybersecurity compliance for small businesses and startups is essential. We believe that adhering to security frameworks like SOC2 and ISO27001 and utilizing the right cybersecurity tools and experts can help organizations build a stronger cybersecurity posture and ultimately protect their customers’ data.
THe CryptoARmor Advantage
- : CryptoArmor’s team of cybersecurity experts can conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of an SMB’s environment to identify potential vulnerabilities and threats. This allows businesses to prioritize and address the most critical risks, helping to reduce the likelihood of a successful cyber attack.
- : Developing and implementing security policies and procedures is critical to building a strong cybersecurity program. CryptoArmor can help SMBs create customized policies and procedures that are aligned with their specific business needs and compliance requirements.
- : Employees are often the weakest link in a company’s cybersecurity defenses. CryptoArmor can provide security awareness training to help educate employees on how to recognize and respond to potential threats, reducing the likelihood of a successful attack.
- : SMBs often lack the resources to maintain an in-house security team. CryptoArmor can provide managed security services that include 24/7 monitoring, threat detection and response, and incident management.
- : Compliance requirements can be complex and time-consuming to navigate. CryptoArmor can help SMBs achieve compliance with industry-specific regulations, such as HIPAA or GDPR, and ensure they are following best practices for cybersecurity.